The Fixer Thread

If you find out some good information or write a guide, post it here.

Moderator: fleat

Lasman
Leader

Postby Lasman » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:27 pm

Glad to hear your bringin your fixer back.

Symbiants

These are generally concidered to be better than imps. although if you can get a higher ql on imp in (with the skills you need most) than a symbiant, i would go for the imp.

Anyway, as a fixer you can use Artillery or Support Symbs. imo Artillery symbs are better for us.

I done some rough calculations based on your lvl, this is assuming that you have all base skills (str, sta etc) and treatment maxed.
HERE

Is the highest ql Artillery Symbiant setup youcan equip assuming you get all available buffs ( I have not included imping of skills so you could probly get higher symbs in.)

With the above setup it would give you an +124 SMG skill. But with ql 180 SMG imps you would get +180 SMG skill. So like i mentioned above you gotta find a good balance between Symbs and Imps, at your lvl anyway.

Armour

At your level i would think that the best armour to go for would be Tier1. Good ACs and ok Mods. Alternatively CDS is still a very good armour. It comes down to if you have the patience to camp/money to spend on either of them.

GA is still uber on RK tho, especially in PvP now that specials are evadeable.

Weapons

At your level manex still does ok in SL. Althought weapons with High min dmg are the way to go. Perennium Beamer is the most logical choice. there is normally some good qls available to buy, check the market boards. aswell as high min dmg, fast burst recharge and nice +XP% mod.

If you are wanting to make a beamer instead of buying a premade one, then you will need. Nano-Charged Assault Rifle, Spiritech Apparatus:Short muzzle, Perennium Sheets and Perennium Bolts.

the above advice and stuff should get Z back to relative greatness. Try to have fun with ya fixer. Its gettin harder.

Las

PS: Need anymore help gimme a /tell
Squad Commander

zlanth

Postby zlanth » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:43 pm

Wow Las, that's some pretty detailed info there! Really appreciate it!

Tho since I'm not about to knock over a bank anytime soon :twisted: I'll be decked out in mostly implants. I do have a artillery brain symb for fixer, but the rest is gonna be all imps.

I'm thinking it might be wiser for me to go for the CDS instead of tier1 right now. Tier1 was murder to get for Eeky, Z doesn't have much hope of pulling that off soon. Alternatively I could just hook up missions with Z in GA.

I was thinking about knocking down some Mortiigs to get the short barrels. After seeing the cost for them in forums I still think I'm gonna do that myself :).

Any opinion on the Blackbirds found in Crypt of Home?

Also, what's the nanoskills people concentrate on nowadays -- both with GA and without?

Lasman
Leader

Aien Fixer Weap things.

Postby Lasman » Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:13 am

KyrOzch Submachine Gun and KyrOzch Machine Pistol look to be aimed at fixers.

Both come without specials but can have specials added to them using Bio-Material. the SMG accepts Type 4/5/12. 4 adds burst, 5 adds burst and Flingshot, 12 adds burst and Full Auto.

Machine Pistol can accept types 4/5.
Squad Commander

zlanth

Re: Aien Fixer Weap things.

Postby zlanth » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:28 am

Lasman wrote:KyrOzch Submachine Gun and KyrOzch Machine Pistol look to be aimed at fixers.

Both come without specials but can have specials added to them using Bio-Material. the SMG accepts Type 4/5/12. 4 adds burst, 5 adds burst and Flingshot, 12 adds burst and Full Auto.

Machine Pistol can accept types 4/5.

Very tough fullauto requirement for a fixer on it. No buffs to help either. Maybe we should start working out a list of things that can buff it, like kaehler sleeves?

Lasman
Leader

Postby Lasman » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:39 pm

UPDATE TIME!!!!

i let this slip a lil since i havnt been ingame as much. will try and get it uptodate.

ql270+ Kyr'Ozch Submachine gun type 5> CSMG
ql300 Kyr'Ozch Machine Pistol type 5 + ql 250 Kyr'Ozch Machine Pistol > CSMG

Both on crit reliant setup i beleive.

Forget about type 4. Zlanth is right, too heavy FA req for fixers. i been lucky enough to receive a ql 300 type 5 upgrade. so when i get my Machine Pistols made ill report back with the damage. In the mean time, check out...
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=330603

Zura be praised.

Las
Squad Commander

twnkedfxr

thx

Postby twnkedfxr » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:05 am

thx guys for all the info, it helped me alot on some of my curiosities...

Return to “Knowledge Center”