The Fixer Thread

If you find out some good information or write a guide, post it here.

Moderator: fleat

Lasman
Leader

The Fixer Thread

Postby Lasman » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:19 pm

I created this thread to house all things fixer.

Any fixer questions, comments, suggestions post em here (none fixers feel free to add stuff). CoH has produced some fine fixers over the years. I wanna keep that goin and this thread is just another way to help fixer development.

Im gonna start it off with all aspects of the current fixer situation as seen by me. Everything below is just my opinion, feel free to pick at it. (Warning LONG LONG a$$ post)

Armour (yeah i spell like that coz im english :P)

Armour has always been a good point for fixers imo. Obtru Steel Ribbed is very good none rare Sense/Agil armour.

Nova Dillon armour is another Sense/agil armour. very useful mods especially for twinking. Buffs stam which is always a pain for opi fixers.

CDS is underrated imo Great ACs, very useful mods, the problem is getting a set in your ql range that you want, for all those that dont know it drops from all lvls of Cyborgs.

Tier1 armour. A very good armour. Nice Mods tailored to a fixers needs, decent ACs, low reqs. If your not high enough lvl for warrnet. GET THIS ARMOUR.
Tier2 Armour. Tier1xUber = Tier2. imo this armour is on par with (at best) Azure. A few more mods and better ACs than tier2 also a lil harder to get into.
Faithful Fixer (tier3). Owns azure Hard. Great ACs, perfect Mods, NUTZ reqs. dont start thinkin about this armour till 207+.

Backslot Armour

On RK Grid Armor is still teh shiznit. Old Skool Uberness at its best.

In SL Webspinner, The Best backslot item in the game without doubt. +addalldef, +nano resist, +NCU, +dmg, ACs, +max health AND it can be worn with normal armour....thats what gives it the edge over GA.
Hard to acheive reqs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are armour that arent meant/aimed for 1 specific breed/proff.

Azure Stam req so myabe not until the higher lvls for opis (not to mention 150 warrnet req). Drops from the Mercs (Ian and co). Still one of best armours ingame, +HP is great for opis, useful other mods too. get in warrnet, get points, get azure, get UBER.

Superior Sentinel armour another great armour, good ACs some useful mods and the Helm looks like a goat skull, what more could you want. Parts of SS that could be better than Azure = Pants,Helm,Boots.
Strength and Agility Req, so maybe a lil easier to get into that azure.

NTAs. if you cant wear Webspinners wear NTAs, great ACs +max health and more goodies. Stamina, Strength and lvl reqs.

Weapons (not gonna bore you with the number crunching)

Syndicate Messenger Gun.....sigh...what can i say. Uber, Rare.

Perennium Beamer...Finally a useful SL weapon for the average Fixer. Decent min dmg, Fast burst recharge. not bad in PvP either. To make this weapon you require a Nano-Charged Assault rifle (hacked), Spirit Tech apparatus:Short Muzzle, Perennium Bolts and Plate. Instructions on how to make this are available on AO forums.

Inspirator...hard to assemble (Sacro Blaster + Grey Glyph of Bhotaar + Turn Spirit of the Idealist). Slightly Faster Burst recharge than P-Beamer. Altho no Min dmg so pretty crap in SL. Ownz hard on RK tho. Doable Reqs.

Manex...Ole Faithful still does the business on RK and can be used to a certain extent in SL. Huge burst dmg is always good...altho rather slow.
make sure you got high Ranged Initiative....most ppl say 900+ id say 700.

Mausser Chemical Streamer...The original uber fixer gun. Good dmg, fast burst recharge, again no min dmg = nono in SL. This gun will live forever.

ive dabbled in Multi wielding with ILBs and Light Suppressors. They are ok but take my advice and stick to 1 gun. Save the IP.

If your not using one of the above weapons you should be.

Perks Atm i am lvl 202 my perks are as follows
Defensive Stance 6
Acrobat 4
SMG Mastery 9
The other 3 i swap around depending on what i need if i plan on Lvling the next week ill put them into Training seminar, if i need more treat they go in First Aid etc...

My Perk setup allows me to be Ultra defensive and still use best gun i am able to and use Dmg perks.It is a good Setup for PvP, And i havnt met a mob that hits me everytime yet.

Problems (not bugs)

Hots useless in SL.
Fixer not fitting funcom description

ugh....hmm..2 months ago this would have been a very long list...we are getting back to OKness.

Future/suggestions/Ideas

There was some interesting suggestion put forward at the Fixer meeting held by Jorji that i was unable to attend. Charfbiz suggested that HoT healing power in SL could be linked to amount of B&E skill you posess. Or HoTs have dual functionality on RK and in SL. ie better in SL

The best idea yet i have heard from someone (forgot who it was) was to introduce a nano program that increased the chance of a rare drop actually dropping. That both helps fixer fit with FCs description and may help fixers climb back up the Want to Team with ladder.

Phew....thats all i can think of atm. I WANT FEEDBACK. C'mon fixers add your thoughts i want this thread to thrive and be helpful. Put anything fixerish at all. Can be completely unrelated to my above post if its fixer related.

Las
Squad Commander

Borehound

Postby Borehound » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:43 pm

Ok, I'll add some of my own tidbits.

Skills

For the early parts of a fixers life, it's always best to stick with 3 or 4 attributes and let the rest slide if needed for spair IP. With the current armors available, I'd have to say that agi and sense is once again a fixers best option. Tier 1 requires it, and so does the Shadowweb Spinner line. Aside from that, I'd take stamina over the others, with intelligence coming in a close 3rd. Higher intelligence=higher nano skills from trickle down. Can never go wrong with that.

Obviously you want to max SMG and Burst with every level without exception. Higher SMG = higher Attack Rating = higher chance of hitting, higher damage, and higher crits. Higher burst will help to shorten the recharge on your guns. Won't make a whole lotta difference with a Manex, but at 860-ish burst on my Inspirator and some skill lock symbs, I get 6 second bursts.

Evades are your life blood as a fixer. We don't have great HP, so we need to avoid damage at all costs. At the early stages avoiding damage is rare, but keep those evades up to a decent level anyway and try to cap them at title cap. Even if you aren't avoiding damage, you're atleast avoiding being critted.

Ranged init is also another important skill. You want this as high as possible. Yes, I know that many of the new guns are extremely fast, but that's not the point. If you've only got 300 init, that lowers the Attack recharge rating on your weapon by .50 seconds, and the Recharge recharge by 1.00 seconds. Running at full agg is another .25/.50. HOWEVER, you do NOT want to stay at full agg. You're pretty much forced to with a Manex, but with the new faster guns you want to go down on the agg def bar as much as possible. The farther to the left you are, the more effective your evades are.

Runspeed is a nice boon for fixers since it's green, but not terribly important till later. At lower levels your runbuffs will be more than enough to get you where you're going. Only worry about maxing this in TL4 or maybe even 5 where you will have LOTS of IP to mess with.

As far as nano skills go, IMO the most important for fixers are Bio Met and Mat Met. Those two dictate what hots you can use. Keep this up as high as you can, only skipping raising it if you absolutely have to. After that Time&Space and Sens Imp are important for your run buffs. Your run buffs have one very important component to it: Evade bonus. That's why your run buffs are more important than runspeed. That only leaves 1 useful nano skill left, Psy Mod. Psy Mod is used in your SMG buffs and your roots. Just keep it to a decent level so you can run a good root and run the best SMG buff you can for your level since they are level locked.

Finally, the most important skill in the entire game for all profs, Treatment. KEEP IT MAXED! The higher you have, the better imps/symbs you can use and the better off you'll be.

Perks

There are many schools of thought on which are the best for a fixer. In the end, there are really only 2 that are of utmost importance to a fixer. Acrobat and Defensive Stance. Keep these two maxed. With Acrobat 4 at lvl 140, you get 2 perk specials that will raise your evades by 1000 for 40 seconds, recharge every 65 seconds. Many times this will allow you to live where you should not.

Alot of fixers tend to let Defensive Stance slip because the only levels that have actions are the first 2. I don't recommend letting it slip at all. The higher you have it, the more effective both of those perk actions are, and the higher AddAllDef you recieve from them. This perk line when combined with AddAllDef Jobe Implants and/or Symbiants, on top of Shadowweb Spinner, will give you GA-like defensive abilities. It all adds up, and the more places you have AddAllDef the better!

With your spare points you can invest in SMG Mastery. Might be wise to take this earlier in the game over the other 2, atleast for awhile, just so you can get better guns on. But once you reach 1k attack rating, the usefulness of this perk line declines. The perk actions aren't that great except for Jarring Burst at lvl 5. The problem is that the Solid Slug and Neutronium Slug perk actions can only be run when Reinforce Slug (a damage buff for yourself) has been run, which means you'll only be able to use those 2 perk actions once until Reinforce Slug recharges. Jarring Burst doesn't need Reinforce Slug to be running, so you can use it as a long-recharge fling shot with a stun effect, which is rather nice in and of itself.

Even if you max all of these lines, that still leaves you with lots of perk points left at 220. That's up to you on what you want to do. I'd recommend the Thief perk to raise your B&E (pretty much the only worthwhile tradeskill for fixers) and to put atleast 2 points in Genius for the Regain Nano perk action. Regain Nano will get you back 1200 nano in a few seconds. Comes in VERY handy in SL or when killing dynabosses.

Implants

I'm not going to make a big fuss about this. Instead, I'll direct you to Bima's Fixer Implant layout. I have yet to find a better layout for implants for a fixer anywhere. The only implant I don't agree with is the head implant, which I would leave the sense cluster out of. Fixers have very little reason to raise psychic at the early levels, and doing so for 1 cluster is a waste of IP to me. At some point I'll amend this section to include a prefered list of symbiants for fixers.

Lasman
Leader

Postby Lasman » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:58 pm

Even tho he is in CoH and will do it for free anyway....Just lettin anyone that doesnt know Rusty can make the P-Beamers (ql200) for free.

Below are other engis that can make the weapons altho some of them charge.

Elbo
Nigtmecha
Asahiko (Coven, yey!)

To be honest loads can make em but i know these guys will be dglad to help. :)

Also most fixers over 205 can reach the 1400 B&E needed to hack the guns.

MORE INFO FOR THIS THREAD
Squad Commander

Lasman
Leader

Postby Lasman » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:57 pm

Ranged Initiative required to get 1/1 at full def with different gunz.

Inspirator: 1641
P-Beamer: 1047 (and any other gun that has 1/1 as base time)

Cant think of any others that would really be useful to list...

Manex: 880349673043967320430968!!!!!!!!!111oneone
Last edited by Lasman on Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squad Commander

Lasman
Leader

Useful Links

Postby Lasman » Fri May 14, 2004 12:10 pm

Useful Links all fixers should know.

First some useful Threads from The Grid

The Master Blitz list

This contains most things that are blitzable. Check here if you are unsure about something. Not garunteed to be uptodate.

Fixer Shadowlands Nanos and Location

Looking for a nano from SL. Check location here

Supaleet

Not much atm, but watch this space.

Fixernet

Underused slightly, still useful to know about.

The Mockers

A RK1/Atlantean Clan Fixer only organisation.

Will add more later,

Las
Squad Commander

Lasman
Leader

Postby Lasman » Tue May 25, 2004 2:58 pm

From the 15.5.4 Preliminary Patch Notes...

Fixers have gotten three new Heal-over-Time programs.

Finally, hope they're not impossible to find like the SL dmg buffs :/[/i]
Squad Commander

Chipbutty

Postby Chipbutty » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:15 am

Great stuff Lasman/Bore :)

Lasman
Leader

Postby Lasman » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:40 pm

Thx Chip :)

Ok next Is the debate on SMG vs P-Beamer. Borehound started a great thread on this in the Fixer forums located Here

I personally think that reddherrings and Remmance's comments some up the arugument perfectly. only reason some1 would use Pbeamer on hecks is the +XP%.

Anyway take a look, might help you decide what to go with :)

Las
Squad Commander

Lasman
Leader

Postby Lasman » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:07 am

Dig out your Grid Armour ppl its about to be useful again. With most specials (not AS for some screwed up reason) being evadeable this will give us an advantage in PvP.

That advantage is quickly wiped out because our only real Offensive tool in PvP (burst) just became evadable aswell.

Las
Squad Commander

Lasman
Leader

Postby Lasman » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:20 pm

My burst dmg in PvP has been cut by 2/3rds ish. I could burst for 3k+ before. I dueled an MA today and maxi got was about 600. I know it was on an MA and they have good evades but i have dueled others and it sucked.

This may seem like not a big deal for some of you, but i enjoy PvP i have a passion for it. But when i have been given no choice but to lose, then there is no point.

Doubt i'll be lvling Lasman anymore, ill log on for the Bigger towerfights, if only to absorb a few AS's.

Remains of Lasman

....althought here in Anarchy Online death isnt permanent do i might start him back up if things change.

Las
Squad Commander

raines

Postby raines » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:49 am

Great work guys...thanks,

Very informative.

2 thumbs up !

zlanth

Postby zlanth » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:59 am

Great thread guys!

I'm thinking of retiring my Fixer from perma-blitzing and bringing him into service. Right now he's wearing GA and a manex. What would it take to get him back up to par?

Return to “Knowledge Center”